Radon is a radioactive gas that is formed by the breakdown of Uranium in the soil. The particles that the gas emits when it breaks down release Alpha particles into the air, which when inhaled can cause damage to lung tissue.
According to the EPA:
- Radon is responsible for approximately 21,000 lung cancer deaths every year
- Radon is the 2nd leading cause of Lung Cancer for non-smokers
- Radon Decay Products cause damage to the actual DNA when inhaled. This damage can be long-lasting, and potentially fatal.
- Radon can be present in any home, regardless of location.
Now the GOOD news…
- Radon can be detected by a licensed professional in a short period of time (48-96 hours)
- Radon can be mitigated down to acceptable levels with relatively little expense
- I can help you with this!
Everyone wants to feel safe in their own home.
Everyone wants to know that their children are growing up in a safe, healthy environment.